Optical Strands, sensors specially designed to monitor structures
Positioned where phenomena occur, it has a unique capacity for collecting data and is accurate down to the nearest micron. In limited quantity, they supply many criteria for analysing the static and dynamic effects of structures.
The unique OSMOS process, based on the principle of the modulation of light intensity by measuring analog attenuation, ensures the instantaneous response of the sensor. The physical principle applied consists in detecting the changes in the transmission properties due to the transformation of the absorption ratios, emission ratios and light refraction.
- A revolutionary and patented technology
- Neutrality of the measurement signal: light
- Composed of braided optical fiber
- Small dimensions and great discretion
- High robustness in relation to its environment
By using light as the sole vector for collecting and transmitting information, the OSMOS sensors preserve their stability over time and are insensitive to electromagnetic effects
- Deformation measurement: 1st order criteria
- Long base 1m and 2m as standard
- Micrometric resolution
- Continuous measurement up to 100Hz